Rolling Stones V.S TMZ #0

     Many of us still get our news from different websites, blogs, or even from social media. There is the question of what blogs one would prefer. When it comes to blogs readers like when they get to the point and don't drag along with unnecessary information. On the other hand some enjoy the added information and like to know little details. When reading blogs or websites I like to enjoy a site that is set up neatly and have a lot of attention grabbers but not to bold of an attention grabber. 

    While looking up the 50 best blogs in the world I came upon two different blogs that peaked my interest. Personally one of my favorites is Rolling Stone. I love how it is put together with the different topics you can navigate the blog. Many readers think that Rolling Stone is just about music. They have 7 different subtopics to search from and go through. The blog also has a very bright background and makes it easier for some including me to read it. The way it is set up with the popular articles on the home page make it very accessible. Rolling Stone is ranked 11th on the "50 best blogs in the world". "50 best blogs in the world" describes Rolling Stone as a blog that "features news and coverage across music, film, television, and politics, reviewing albums, songs, and celebrities." My favorite feature of the Rolling Stone is that its an "interactive source of historical rankings and magazine content".    

                                via  https://www.rollingstone.com/music/

    Then when it comes to the other blogs i went through I found my least favorite one. Even though TMZ does keep up with the celebrities, it can become to much. They start to add personal comments and random unnecessary details about the celebrity lives. Now when it comes to how accessible it is I will agree that they are organized but when you first go into the blog its like you are going to a social media site. They have a few different top stories towards the top of the site. One detail I thought was pretty interesting is that TMZ allows it's reader to call in and give "tips" about stories or even about events happening. Now TMZ is ranked number four on the "50 best blogs in the world". The detailed describes TMZ as a "Podcasts, interviews, videos, and photo galleries covering the latest entertainment news in Australia and around the world. Articles primarily cover celebrity lifestyle, focusing on health, beauty, fashion, as well as travel" website. 

                                    via  https://www.tmz.com/

    I do enjoy looking though the TMZ website and even watching the show. The talk of what "Taylor Swift ate or what she's doing at 4 am" really is an unnecessary detail. Then with Rolling Stone I like the set up and how its not like a social media site. I am very picky when it comes to what I spend my time looking at or searching up. 

Comments

  1. Hi! I also looked into TMZ and I agree that it is entertaining but can be very irrelevant. I like to see that we have the same opinions about that :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts