The hobby of all hobbies #1

    Growing up surrounded by a generation of people exploring new ways to express themselves influences the child-like mind. I saw many of my family members getting tattoos, and I thought it was a fantastic way of doing art. I remember when I was younger and couldn't wait to get my first tattoo. My mother didn't have many tattoos like I do now. When I was younger, I had hobbies of doing art and "crafting." I would sit there and sculpt, paint, draw, and even build things I could imagine. I thought I would continue to paint and draw, but instead, I was opened to a vast new world of crafts and arts. After my grandma passed, I connected with my culture and got into beading traditional jewelry.  

By Zoie Jose



By Zoie Jose


    
    I started beading a few months ago and got into it heavily. I would bead for hours on end. I thought this was what I wanted to do with my free time, but then I found the hobby I most enjoyed. Tattooing! I love being able to do art and drawing when it comes to tattooing. I started tattooing almost 2 years ago. I first started out buying the machine after I moved back into my grandparents since I knew my mom wouldn't let me tattoo myself in her house. I was still in my rebellious phase and doing everything I could to get back at her. It started with one, then went to ten after two weeks.  The next time I saw my mom, she was shocked and impressed. Once, I couldn't tattoo any more of my arm since I couldn't reach some spots, so I went down to my leg. My leg is getting covered with them, and now I'm debating doing my other leg. Since my first tattoo on myself, I have also been tattooing my friends and close friends. I have over 33 tattoos as of the moment this post is published. 

     Most of the time, I will find little things to tattoo on myself or design things for my friends to tattoo on them. I love the designing aspect of tattooing, and people want you to design on their bodies forever. Many ask me why I decided to get into tattooing or if I will get an apprenticeship and fully commit to the whole tattooing business. I really don't know what I want to do. Currently, I'm going to school for an associate in science and will eventually transfer to U of A to become a veterinarian. Now the question is, will I stay with this hobby or change it for the millionth time? The world may never know, but for now, I will be continuing to express myself with tattooing. What is your 'hobby of all hobbies"?

Comments

  1. Hi Zoie, it’s Emely. I really enjoyed reading your blog and your journey to discovering your interests in tattooing! I also like your beading work . I myself was also into arts and crafts when I was younger. I would enjoy doing little bracelets and necklaces. As to one of my favorite hobbies it would be yoga!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg Zoie your artwork is beautiful! I love the personal meaning behind your earring work and the lining for your tattoo work is sooo clean! Keep it up dude :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Zoie! I loved hearing about about your journey and the way you connect with your culture and self-expression through your crafts. It's very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Zoie, its zahraa I really enjoyed hearing about your experience. I love art and crafts so this really dragged my attention your art work looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Zoie I think it is beautiful to watch people on there way to self expression. I am jealous that your hobbies are so cool and impressive. I wish I could be as good at crafts as you are!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts